Gma Visits: National Orchid Garden

If you want to experience heaven on earth, you should come visit Singapore's Orchid Garden. It is Amazing! Other than the humidity, it really is perfect. (My idea of heaven would be a few degrees cooler ; )
When Gma was here visiting, I took over 1800 pictures. That's just downright insanity! And who knows how many are just from the orchid garden alone. But once I went through them all I realized I took each one for a reason and they are all beautiful! Here is the pond when you walk in with the crane statues that I love. Isn't the greenery amazing?

Dragon Orchid

Fig Tree!!

Gma and Baby Piglet!

National Orchid Garden and Piglet ;)
While Gma and I visited the gardens, Patrick took the other boys to the kids gardens and splash park. You can't go many places here without finding some water works area for kids. It's just too darn hot outside. I love this one of Kai and his daddy. Oh, how we love our daddy!

Baby was practicing his standing skills and he quickly picked up on walking. Now he is crazy about it! He prefers it over crawling which in my book means, he's officially walking!

The most amazing curled up lily pads I have ever seen!

More Orchids (of course)

And still more. The detail of the spots on this orchid is just beyond comprehension. What a truly beautiful and exotic flower species this is. 

The National Orchid Garden is in the Botanical Gardens park in the center of the city. You walk into the gardens and instantly forget you are even in a city. This day I was reminded of the true beauty and endless creations of God. The blessings we receive at His hand and His matchless power and love for each of us. What stunning and indescribable beauty we have on earth. I am humbled by what He has given me and the opportunity to be a witness to it all as I live here. This place has brought peace to my soul. A peace I have needed. I feel humble and grateful to experience this part of the world. I hope to remember it on the hard days when I just want to be home. I want to enjoy it while I am here, and there really is so much to enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts