Bali Recap: Cooking Class

As apart of our Balinese experience, Gma and I decided to take a cooking class. I really love cooking and was excited about the things I would learn just by being in Asia. This class did not disappoint! Here I am grinding ingredients for curry with a gigantic mortar and pestal. I really want one for my house, if only I had the space, and the muscles.
Chicken curry in a wok! How come I don't have one of these big woks? I really really want one....
Chicken Curry... even more delicious than it looks in the picture, and that picture looks pretty good.
Eating! We had hibiscus tea, which is one hibiscus flower, hot water, lemon and sugar. It starts as this dark purple color and turns pink when you add the lemon. It was lovely. They also served rice wine, which I did try but only because I secretly hoped, it was just a name and not an actual wine. Oh, I was wrong.
This was our instructor. And she was always cracking jokes and laughing at herself. She was fun.
Um, this is the handle of a wood door. I know, its an odd picture, but there was so much detail in it, I loved it from the very first moment and had to snap a photo. Isn't it lovely? Yes, I know, I'm crazy.


These are the gardens around the cooking class which was attached to a villa. We had tried to stay here but I booked too late and it was full. They have these little huts with platforms for eating, sitting or resting. So beautiful and quiet.
And of course don't forget the statues, which I still love! I never did ask them what they all were. There were so many!
Some statues were so fascinating and photogenic. 

Comments

akdoxey said…
What an adventure! How fun that you and your mom got to take advantage of being so close to Asia. Taking a cooking class in anywhere Asia sounds like a dream! Love all the pictures...looks amazing there. And fyi- I think the picture of the door knob is awesome.

Popular Posts