Shipment Day!

It's Here! It's Here!!! Our stuff has finally arrived. We have found our waffle maker, utensils, bedding and more!

Not to sound ungrateful or anything, but we are now wondering what is more painful; No furniture, or too much !! We have so much, we don't think it will all fit. We have been unpacking all day and have barely made a dent. Mostly because there are some things we are unpacking, just to re-pack again. We can't have everything out all at the same time, so its getting boxed up again and put into the closets. When you leave a kitchen for less than half the size you are bound to be in some storage trouble. And lets not even talk about the food I stocked up on before coming! But we did make brownies tonight and they turned out great so we are at least hopeful that the things that do fit in the kitchen will bring us sweet full tummies.
You could say that we have been restored! We found our spices and whirly pop and some left over popcorn kernels (I have yet to find popcorn here). So tonight we made tacos and popcorn as well. We have been cooking up a storm!

We are glad things came without many problems. There have been a few broken things and stuff to learn for next time, but overall it didn't turn out half bad. I have images of Queens in my mind though. It's going to take some serious organizing to get everything to fit in here and working well. To start we are going to have to give away some stuff. So far it seems we have a ton of food, toys, clothes and books. That what takes up most of our box inventory.

We were planning on getting some relaxation in tonight before facing it all again tomorrow, but so far Patrick has fallen asleep on the couch (yes, that counts as relaxation, but we were supposed to be watching a movie or something!) and I have been busy with a baby poop blow-out the size of Kentucky! All Levi's stuff is ruined. Its such a mess, I think I will have to throw his entire outfit and blanket in the trash. I'm soaking it now, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully we all get a good nights rest because it all starts again tomorrow. sigh. Yay, Shipment Day!

Comments

jp said…
Yay! I bet those brownies tasted soo good!
Heather said…
I love these updates! Seems that I miss you even more knowing you are now continents away!
linzi said…
ohhh....I hope what I packed hasn't broken! It probably is, though, huh?! I'm so sorry!!! I promise I did my best :) I just checked my email and heard about all of these updates. I am so excited to read through everything!
akdoxey said…
I have loved reading about your first experiences in Singapore. And I just can't help but feel hungry thinking about all the good food you must be having.

So happy to hear that your stuff arrived!

Popular Posts