The Beginning of The End...in Queens

We put our house on the market today. So its been quite busy with agents in our house and packing up to get it ready to show it while we are out of town. It's really the last thing I want to be doing before getting ready to be gone for 3 weeks. SO while I'm filling suitcases, I'm filling boxes too. Toys, winter clothes, books, movies, nick-knacks and the like will be filling the storage unit we just rented. I find it maddening that we have to pay for a storage locker. I think that means we have too much stuff!  And maybe we would have thrown more things out if we had the time, but as of now, we need to get these boxes out and then catch a plane tomorrow. 

We are overjoyed at the thought of a vacation. We realize once we move, there will be no more trips for us. All moneys are going into a house, not plane tickets. SO we hope to enjoy this last jaunt to see our family and drink in the open spaces of Utah.

There is an open house this weekend for our place. I'm so glad we will be gone for it. I hope that after three weeks, the place has been sold and we won't have to be present for one ounce of it. Of course I know this is such a slim possibility. But the tired part of me wishes it were so....

I'm sick at the thought of leaving our friends here. They have been so important to us and for our personal and spiritual growth. I will miss them terribly. Even now I'm fashioning up a friend contract for all of them to sign that states they will visit me at least twice a year and call me every month. It's all a friend can hope for.

So with that, there are boxes to pack and more things to clean up, so I must be off. To the start of the beginning, of the end in Queens.

Comments

Kage said…
UGH.

I will come around to being excited for you.

NOT YET though.
Kelly said…
I knew it would come... where are you going???
marian said…
yeah, when I saw you earlier this summer, there were definitely hints of this on the horizon. Where is the next destination?
This is Carrie said…
I am feeling excited for you and this new chapter in your life!

I am feeling sad for Kristy at the same time.
Amanda said…
Ha, I found it myself. I knew you had a blog, though I wasn't aware you had two. Happy that you commented on Kim's blog; that's how I found you.

I can be happy for your move because I am sure that it will be nice to have more room! Sorry for all your friends.
Sara said…
I am so happy for you - it's the end of one chapter and the beginning of a new one. Where are you guys going?

Kristy will miss you terribly...but it's another place she can come to visit :)

Popular Posts