Back In The Saddle Again

I'm down in the dumps. It's proving to be a tough transition from Utah to NY this time around. Maybe its the amount of time spent there. Three weeks is almost like moving there! Or the bombardment of crazies when we got home. (My real estate agent included) Maybe its my kids going stir crazy without a yard and cousins to keep them occupied. Oh, when does preschool start again?? 

Right now I'm sitting on the couch enduring the constant jumping (Ronin misses Grandma's trampoline) and listening to him make up songs about the going to the temple, not smoking, and floating pirate ships. It's quite creative I must say and a pretty good melody.

Cache is finally sleeping and it seem to be the only thing I want to do too. But the jumping singer beside me is preventing anything like that from happening. 

I should get up and do something instead of aimlessly surfing the net reading about other peoples fabulous lives. I could make bread. My SIL turned me onto a great recipe that only takes one hour from start to finish. I surely have one hour I could give, but my hearts not in it. I could post pictures of the lake or do the dozen other things I have on my list, but I just can't bring myself up to a functioning level. I showered today, but that's about as far as I'm gonna get. Ugh.... Maybe tomorrow will be better. Each day I feel like I am slowly rising through water. I can see the sun but its still a couple feet yet till my head will break the surface. Hope it comes soon cause I need to take a breath.
 
oh, this post is depressing. must slap myself and make bread... or take a nap.

Comments

marian said…
:-( Sorry it's such a tough transition. Want to escape again? Come visit us in VT!!! Okay, so maybe that's not the best remedy, but why not??
Kage said…
depressing, but artistic! At least your not trying to RUN through water, which is how I feel many times....

just let yourself have a lazy week, long trips ALWAYS need recovery periods.
Tiffany said…
You'll have to share your bread recipe!
Kimberly said…
Don't be so hard on yourself. We all need those down days (weeks, months, years) to reflect and set our priorities straight. Getting back into the swing of thing DOES take a while. I mean, look at me... eight months after the birth of my babe and I still can't find half the energy you have on a down day. You amaze me, girl. So be gentle with yourself.

Popular Posts