Conference weekend

I'm still amazed at how excited my kids get for Conference. They don't actually listen but I'm happy they don't dread it. I think it may be the food. I have to try extra hard to be prepared here. Conference means having all our favorite snack foods at hand which are either hard to come by or extremely expensive. Conference and Thanksgiving is the only time we really eat like this. 
Things like cheese, sausage and crackers, dips and spreads, nuts, fruits and of course some nutella, which levi thought was a facial treatment.

Sunday morning I made crepes with berries, yogurt, nutella, bananas with cheesy vegetable eggs. It was quite delicious if I do say so myself. We invited our friends to come over and watch the session with us. It was such a great time. We love them and their kids and they all play well together. We felt inspired and uplifted! I think they liked it. And of course the crepes didn't hurt either.
It's hard to admit how much money all this food actually cost but it was worth it since the kids were ecstatic and it felt a little bit like coming home. Nothing beats pepper jelly and cream cheesy crackers for conference. 

Comments

Popular Posts