Celebrity Status

Our mornings go something like this....
Ronin and Patrick wake up first to get to the public bus on time. Cache, Kai, Levi and I wake up in quick succession for breakfast and to get Cache to school. The little boys usually want to go with me in the stroller. They love to get out. And I am usually torn because I know if I don't exercise first thing in the morning, I just won't get to it. And that is so very bad for me.
So sometimes if I can stomach it, I take the boys jogging in the stroller. Usually this happens in the beginning of the week and I jog up to the town centre and hit the bank and grocery store. We get it all done at once. The kids get out of the house, I get in my exercise and we get some shopping done for the week.

This morning here is what was going on when we got to the store:
It was so crazy busy! So many "older" chinese folks milling around. There was no way I could even get the stroller through the isles! So I perched them close to the fruit and went around to gather my produce. And that is when the "fans" started coming over. This lady in the blue shirt stood and stared at Kai for a good 5 minutes. To the point I started to wonder about her mental state. Maybe she was going to take them? or yell at them? or do something crazy? By the time I found the cucumbers and got back, she was looking around for me, so maybe she was just worried I had left them!

Usually there are a few people here and there that love looking at the kids. But today it was constant. People trying to touch their faces. People trying to pick them up or coax them off the playground! So many people ask me if they are twins or if they are girls (which is silly since they NEVER have shirts on). I had one man ask how many kids I had and when I said 4 he didn't act shocked like people usually do, he said, "You look strong, you should have 15!!" Seriously, what is that all about??


They were just celebrities today no matter where we turned. Sometimes it can be fun and often times it so annoying. I mean, they are just kids. There are plenty of foreigners here to gawk at, but they always seem so surprised by Kai's red hair, Levi's pudgy white skin and their collective nakedness, that they just can't stop staring. So we cause a scene wherever we go...

Because the boys were such good sports we stopped at the local playground to play and eat nutella sandwiches. It's been a long time since I have even bought nutella, so they were having a grand 'ol time!

By the time we get done with these excursions, we are sweaty and tired and ready to escape the heat for a bit. I don't often run with them anymore because they are so heavy! But it is a fun time when we do it. But I will only admit that after the exercise has actually been accomplished, because its just sooo painful to exercise!


Comments

Popular Posts