Hand Foot and Mouth

This is what it looks like to have Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. Well, after the fever has subsided. You act totally normal or goofy in our case, but you have these ugly, ugly spots on your face, hands, feet and butt-ocks....(which makes the boys giggle every time you say it)
 Oh, and you spend a lot of your time working puzzles on the ipad because you are not allowed to go out, touch anything or talk to anyone. It is so BOR-ING!
 Luckily Kai has some cuteness to him so even though he had ugly spots, we still couldn't stop taking pictures of him.

 Or squishing him, or making him laugh or loving him up every moment. 
Kai is really starting to talk now. Some of my favorite things he says are "Kai did it!" "Wrong way!" (used when he wants to go to the park and moms not listening) and "yellow car" which comes out more like "lellow cah." He also knows his taxis, cabs, trucks, buses and motorcycles. His favorite food is "lella" (nutella) and his favorite friend is his po-po (his pillow-pillow). His favorite thing to do is go to "kai pool" in his suit which he says without flaw. I'm trying to teach him "I love you" but he is resistant for some reason but hopefully it will click soon. It's amazing to listen to him practice. He is quite patient with me correcting his pronunciations and he tries so hard to get it right. And while I know he needs to learn to speak clearly, I really hope he talks like a toddler for quite a while. It's just so darn cute.

Comments

linzi said…
oh my goodness - i love that smile!!! he just looks like he knows how to enjoy life! Kai has got to be one of the cutest kids I've ever seen!

can I just tell you how thankful I am that you are keeping up on this?! I miss you all so much - and reading this always makes me feel better. to see their smiles, what they are up to, being able to see them - all of it - I love it. I guess I need it in a way. Did I mention how much I miss you?!

Tell Cache his artwork is beautiful! I feel like there is a bit of genius in that little boy. Whenever I look in his eyes I feel like he knows so much more than I do. I have my eye on him, because I know he is going to teach me something about life!

Ronin looks like he is in heaven at the skatepark! I so can't wait to see his skills in action! And Patrick's too! Who knew mid-life crisis could be so much fun? I used to skateboard - and have always secretly wanted my kids to love a board more than a ball :) You're kids are super cool, in my book!

I can't believe how big Levi is!!! He looks so happy and so pure in these photos! I just want to kiss him. I think it is so neat that him and Kai are already so close. These last few weeks, Jude hasn't wanted much to do with Zia. It kind of makes me sad. Then again, he is just struggling, honestly. It breaks my heart.
akdoxey said…
Okay so I just read through the last five or six posts. Love all the updates but I think my favorite is Patrick's midlife crisis...what a fun one! Your boys really are just adorable. I'm still holdin on to Leah until Roey's ready to swoop her off her feet.

I drove up to Boston last week and just missed you so much as I passed through White Plains. I wanted to go to your house. We miss you. I miss you.

Oh, and I'm really interested in more about your live-in. If only right now in my life!

Popular Posts