Ikea is our friend

We have been shopping a lot to get our house up and running. Its an odd thing because when you need things you need to buy a lot so you want things cheap, but you also don't want things cheaply made. The cheaper option here is Ikea, so that's where we went. In fact we have been there at least 5 times because you never know what you need when you are there. We had decided this was to be our last trip (which ended up not being true). We needed to get a few things to fashion the room for our domestic helper (more on that later) and while we were at it we picked up a few new things for us. Unfortunately this was the epic 5 hour trip that just about killed us and our marriage ; ) But we got this high chair for baby Levi! He really likes it so it was totally worth the fight:
We were so tired the day we went shopping that the option to have someone come and put it all together was just too nice to pass up. So they delivered our things and put them together as well! It was really nice. Levi sat and watched the entire time. This older gentleman put together about 5 things in the same time it took the younger guy to put together one shelf of drawers.
In fact they were laughing about it as they worked. Or at least thats what I think they were laughing at. The also could have been laughing at me, but I don't worry about that too much. I don't care if people make fun of me. Its really easy to take when its said in a different language ; ) They put together everything in an hour or so. We now have a high chair, shelving, drawers and also a drawing tables in our office,and the maids room has a bed and shelves. It was just lovely not having to do it myself. It would have taken me a week, to be sure.
Levi has been enjoying his high chair which really took only two minutes to assemble. It was the easiest one and I could have done it myself, but we sat and watched them work and then thanked them profusely. Yay for Ikea! Or as they pronounce it here, Icky-Ah. Now Patrick and I just call it "Icky" cause that's how it feels after 5 hours of shopping with 4 children. In fact that description just doesn't touch what the experience was really like. Anyway, we are happy with our purchases and I don't plan on going to an Ikea again for a long time.

Comments

Kaiti Thorell said…
Levi is so dang cute!! You are so awesome Kristie. I love the updates and am so impressed how you guys are settling in to such a foreign place. You're truly amazing to me. btw your description of Ikea totally cracked me up because I've known so many people (couples) that have horror stories about trips to Ikea that almost ended their marriage (me included).I had to laugh. I guess the syndrome knows no borders. They even made fun of it on a recent episode of 30 rock. Probably best to stay away from there as you said. Keep the updates coming. Love them and love you

Kaiti
jp said…
Hil.arious! Love it! And love that Levi's bald head!

Popular Posts