Tasty Poles

This pole at the zoo was especially interesting to Cache. He couldn't stop licking it. Believe me, I tried...
Ronin thought it was so funny, he had to join in. It really grossed Heidi out, but I was used to it. He started licking poles at 18mn. Funny, since that's the age Cache is right now. 
Ronin would stand at a subway pole and just lick away the entire ride. Every time I would tell him to stop, he would laugh and do it more. I just learned to look away.
I had the same reaction this time around. I'm pretty sure every person within viewing distance thought I was crazy. I know Heidi did. I'm not craZy. I know it's gross and I know they could get sick (foot&mouth disease is around again this summer) but I also know it was just a battle I didn't want to start. Horrible mom? Maybe. One less time I had to yell today? Definitely.

Comments

Kimberly said…
I cannot stop laughing. Those pictures are adorable. Here's to immunine systems of steel!
Sara said…
Oh Oh Oh, that is TOO funny. Those pictures are priceless. Licking poles...their immune systems seem to be functioning fine up to this point, right? Don't fix what ain't broke..

Popular Posts