Construction


There was a big crane accident at a construction site in the city this month.  It was horrible and very unnerving since NYC is in such a building boom and is covered with cranes. They are large and looming and everywhere you go.

Well, this morning the boys and I woke up to find this in our street. 

This is no more than 10ft. from our door.

The kids thought it was great:
I thought it seemed dangerous considering the accidents lately. I pictured this thing ripping
 through our front window as the kids sat curiously watching.

There's the car in the background, just waiting to be crunched. *hold breath for long time*
All went well though and the crane was gone within a half hour. We talked to some workers to pass the time and got to drive on the sidewalk when we left since they were still working in the street. So overall, very uneventful. whew! Although, I did find this funny. I didn't have to zoom in on my camera to get a picture of this, we were so close. This was on the side of the crane: 
Consider me warned, but unable to do anything about it. Thanks construction guys for fixing our street! Whatever was wrong with it, I still don't know.

Comments

Beth said…
Tyler would think this is the coolest thing!

Popular Posts