Greece: Delphi


Delphi was another of my favorite places. (I do keep saying that, don't I?) The ruins there are amazing! I can't believe people would come from all over (walking every step) to this place in the mountains and build all of these massive structures out of rock. Talk about back breaking work! Here is a shot of the ampi-theatre. (couldn't skip out on that one)

This really was one of the most impressive places to me. Maybe because it was our first stop at seeing ruins. Because I will admit by the end of our trip, one old rock looked the same as all the others, but getting to experience it in real life for the very first time was magnificent.
There were poppies everywhere! Vibrant and shocking! There they are consider weeds, but I couldn't get over them. I want fields of them all around my house!
This is where we stayed just out of Delphi. All the way down by the sea is a valley which contains the largest olive tree orchard in all of Greece. And aaaaaallll the way down there at the shore is a little gyro restaurant which fed us the best gyro I have ever had in my life. The perfect experience for a pregnant lady if I do say so myself. Also here we had the best yoghurt and honey that has ever existed on the planet. And I am NOT exaggerating. I can't describe it, but you would agree with me if you could try it. Oh, how I miss it.

From our balcony we had a perfect view of the town, the sun rise and sunset and all the chipper birds that keep watch over everyone. They were busy busy busy. This is one of the only photos we have of both of us sitting still and smiling. All the rest are of landscapes!

Comments

Popular Posts