Halloween Countdown: Trick Or Treat Bags

We have been gathering a few supplies for the last week to make our trick or treat bags. Every year we get something small, and every year I can never find it again. I must get rid of them, or they are lost in the cave of my closet. Who knows.
This year we got iron-on rhinestones and these great, cheap bags from michael's. This is what happens when you try to iron those rhinestones onto a plasticy bag. You could say my brain is fried just like this bag, because I really should have know it would burn through. Everything is now black from trying to get my iron clean. In the middle of all of this, Cache pushed over the ironing board with the camera, hot iron and a  pair of scissors sitting on it. I think the cameras auto focus is now messed up, but no human actually got hurt.
After this catastrophe I told Ronin we could put the rhinestones on a shirt. I went to his closet to find it completely empty. I forgot I had packed up everything earlier in the morning. No shirt to be found. SO I grabbed one of my funeral home re-usable bags. They are lame and really have a funeral home logo on one side, but I just didn't know what else to do.


Ronin is a good sport. Here is his trick or funeral treat bag ready for halloween. So far a few rhinestones have fallen off, but he seems ok with is. Must try better next year!
Cache actually got to paint his bag. (Ronin did NOT want paint!) So I pulled out some acrylic paints, some foam stamps and his great orange bag. I think he was a bit confused at the whole thing, but his bag turned out great. 
Both Ronin and I helped out a bit, so its pretty busy. Those words say EEK! All in all and interesting halloween project.

Comments

Heather said…
You are so creative! That sucks about the iron.
Kage said…
ooh darn....I don't care about the iron, more the camera.

I think if ANY bag should be transformed into a halloween bag, it should be a FUNERAL home one....good job.

Popular Posts