Ward Cake Auction

Here's the beauty of a cake we made for the cake auction tonight. Raspberry Laced Vanilla Cake. It looks so lovely right? Patrick arranged the top.  Thats some fresh mint from our FRIEND's garden. Thanks friend! 

Another one of our FRIEND's made this cute princess cake. Ronin was DESPERATE to have it!

He was in a bidding war with another girl in our ward. Once he got the hang of it, he was flipping that sign all over the place. He would even throw in a yell or two just to get the price going. Finally we realized this girl probably wanted it more than Ronin (is that possible?) so we had to hold his arm down. He was upset that he didn't get it. "No, I want it!!" Until...
He went to peruse the remaining cake selection and found this gaggle of snowmen just waiting to be bought. We bid for those babies until we won. Aren't they so cute? Made, of course, by another FRIEND.

And yes, they were good. We also walked away with 4 chocolate brownie/marshmallow cupcakes (patrick was DYING to have... and paid out the nose for them ; ) and a german cheesecake, which we have to give away, because the waist of my pants just won't budge another inch to fit it all in. It was a fun night and for a great cause. I feel like I have been eating sugar since 6 am. Oh, wait. I have, and so have the kids. What a sweet day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am really impressed with your cake! I would have bid on it!
G in Utah
Kage said…
I tried to win your cake, and thought I didn't, I still scored a piece though and it was yummmmmmy...

Popular Posts