My Epiphany: The drunk man in my House

Yesterday I confessed to a few people that I didn't want to move. (ok, it was more than a few. It was the entire ward congregation). And yes, sitting with my friends saturday night and again on sunday I didn't want to move. I realized (again) what I am leaving. 

But on sunday at midnight, when a drunk man walked INTO my house, I suddenly really wanted to move.  I'm tired of broken doors, trashy front steps and no parking. And yes, it was scary. I have never been more aware of the safety that has surrounded us in the 5 years we have been here, and for that I am SO grateful. Thankfully Patrick handled it with grace and control, while I was standing behind him cell phone in hand, ready with any kung-fu tricks I may have learned from T.V. (count them: 1)

So I have concluded that really, I just want my friends to move with me and live in the houses next door. If it was at all possible, that is what I would wish for.

Comments

Kage said…
wow. I might have put my apt. up for sale the next morning if that had happened to me! Brave! Glad Patrick was home...
Beth said…
Oh my gosh. THAT'S a New York story if I've ever heard one.
Heather said…
We would love to move to WChester...buy us a house, and we are in!!!
Ann McGraw said…
SOOO scary! Gavin and I both say that if you/we could find a house for us right next door, we would so be there! We will miss not having you in the ward, but just because you'll be in a different part of New York doesn't mean we can't stay in touch. Love you all! Gavin, Ann & Caeli

Popular Posts