Connect-icut

We spent a wonderful weekend in Connecticut. We went berry picking, beach hopping and even saw some friends compete in a triathlon. Which was amazing in itself.


We had no cash on us so we had to scrounge through the car and my purses (yes, I brought two, which means I am insane) and used every last penny to get us some red ripe raspberries. They were having a 10% storm discount that day because of the hurricane coming through. 
We had just started picking when the rains came down.

The boys were undeterred. They loved the picking even though neither of them actually like the berries.

Cache was so good at it.  Every berry he found was the perfect shade of red. I have no idea how he did it.

 
They are so fun to pick, you don't notice how fast your basket actually fills. They are just lovely. And taste oh so good too.






















Ronin and Patrick had some good time together. I'm ashamed to admit Cache and I slept in the car for a good portion of their playtime. We took our relaxing weekend seriously.

The boys (all three of them) absolutely LOVE hotels. There is something about the beds, pillows, and not having to clean up after yourself. We were sad to leave.

My favorite time of year.
The leaves are falling, the leaves are falling!!!!


We loved Connecticut so much we debated about moving there, or at least Cache did. Finally we decided the commute would be torture. We will stick with NY.

Comments

Kage said…
good pix....was that a doxey webb triathalon? fun.
Anonymous said…
Boy I remember a little girl in pj's picking raspberries. She too only picked the red ones. The difference? She sat right down in the row and ate them!! Great Memories! Love from Utah
akdoxey said…
All these pictures are really cute. I esp like the first two. Maybe I should invest in a nice camera.

Thanks again for coming.

Popular Posts