No more binkies for baby

Levi came to me the other day telling me something about his window as he pulled me into his room. He proceeded to talk jibberish about his binkie. I asked him if he threw his binkies out the window and he said 'YES'!

I didn't know if I should believe him but as we searched the house we couldn't find those silly binkies! The boys had found a toy partially hanging out the window which they deemed to be Clue #1. The second and third clues were the baby telling us that he did in fact throw them out and that we couldn't find them. The last and final clue was a bouncy ball we found in the bushes at the bottom of the tower. It was ours and right under where Levi's window is.

Every night for about 3 or 4 days he would cry and ask for his binkie. I would ask him where they were and he would say he didn't know. If I asked him if he threw them out the window he would say "yes" and then I would tell them they were gone and he would cry again.

But I'm SO happy to report that he didn't cry for very long and resigned himself to the fact that they were gone. And now after 9 years of childrearing and binkie buying, we are officially OFF the binkie! WAHOOO!!!

No more watching it bounce around the floor gathering lint. No more panicked searches of the house at bedtime. No more wondering what we will do to find new ones since the ones he liked were from the states. No more crooked teeth. We are DONE!

Now.... onto the diapers!

Comments

Carly said…
SOO funny! We are loving these more frequent posts!

Popular Posts