A flesh wound

I was just laying down for a quick nap the other day, when I got a call from Ronin's school. He had fallen playing soccer and cut his elbow. They were pretty adamant that he come home and not finish the rest of the school day. I was thinking he would be fine, but told them I would be straight up to get him. It took so long to get up there in a cab that it was time to pick Cache up as well.

By the time we got home and wrapped his arm and got everyone settled with homework and such, the babies were awake from their naps and the afternoon was off and running. His elbow was pretty badly bruised and his cut was substantial. He told me to promise that he wouldn't have to get stitches. He said he didn't care if it left a scar, he just didn't want them. And to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to a 6th trip to the ER, so I didn't push it. He's all healed up and things are fine. I am noticing a shift in our family dynamic. A lot less down time and more running around. Levi is trying to stop napping and I refuse to let this happen so soon! I still need some time to breathe during the day before all kids are home and stuff starts happening all around me in the afternoons. It's inevitable though, I do realize. I hope to be patient with it as it comes, but I've never been very patient when I don't get my rest. Need to start going to bed early and getting the rest I need to run this house of crazies.

Comments

Popular Posts