Happy Birthday Kai!

Only a few days after Cache's, Kai had his special day. He turned 3! 
 And because he's only 3, he doesn't need a big pool party, which is great for Mom. Brownies with a few candles was enough to keep him happy.

Mom was extra creative (i.e. lazy) this year and took Kai shopping to pick his own presents. I felt like I was shortchanging him a bit, but then I got over it, when I realized he would actually play with his toys once he opened them.

He chose this tube of western figures. Of course he was excited to see them because he knew what it was. He had held them in his stroller the entire time! I remember these things in the US. Hanging on the side of an isle in a Michael's craft store, all for 5$. But here, they are a prime money making scheme. Set at just the right height for little kids with a price tag of $16. That's Singapore for ya. Boy, I miss Michael's!  Of course I did throw in some Backyardigan's DVD's as a surprise and of course he didn't like them. Should have saved myself the trouble and had him pick them out!

 Regardless, it was a great day and Kai loved it all. We had ice cream and celebrated and spent time as a family. Just like a birthday party should be. Happy birthday Kai Kai guy!! We love you!

Comments

Popular Posts