Chinese New Year 2013

 We have been really blessed with great friends while being here in Singapore. It gives me so much hope every day to know that we have been watched over and blessed by our Heavenly Father. He knew what we needed to survive here and he gives it to us each day through our great friends!
Some of these such friends invited us out for our first proper Chinese New Year celebrations. Celebrations go from the Chinese New Years Eve (based on the lunar calendar) to the last day of the Chinese calendar. We went the very last day of celebrations and it was packed with people, lights and music.
 All through the streets people were buying things, eating and spending time hanging around. This little pop-up market was going through the last of their candy they had for sale. There were throngs of people all trying to snatch up what they could for a discounted price. There was a lot of crazy screaming involved. We just stood back to watch, but I kind of wish I would have bought my own bag load of Asian candy. I guess there's always next year!

How could I resist coconut shells with straws? Come on! You know how I looooove trash shots ; )  So much trash!!!
Here's one street in the dozens in Chinatown. Just mobs of people everywhere you go. The first year we were here, we took all the kids AND the double stroller. We were walking through this mess and every person we walked by had to reach out and touch the baby and Kai's red hair. Red is the magical color of Chinese New Year! How could you not touch a baby blessed with a head full of red hair?! And of course they were super cute in the stroller but we just couldn't get anywhere. We were causing a traffic jam! We only walked one street and went home exhausted. 

This year we got to walk up and down. Take photos, eat food and enjoy ourselves. I love my kids, but some things are just too hard to do with them. I look forward to taking them all this next year because they will all be able to walk on their own!

Just in case you were wondering, we are now in the year of the Snake. It's my year! Last year was a tough one for me, and now that its a new year, I can see things are going to start looking up. And they have! As always, life isn't easy, but it's been easier going than last year, so I'll take it!!

We passed this tree that was lit up like it was Christmas. There were fake oranges hanging from it with wishes attached. It looked magical. Hopefully some of those wishes come true for the people in Singapore.
Happy Chinese New Year!!

Comments

Popular Posts