ER trip #1


Because Kai turned 3, he got it in his head that he could do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. Which brings us to our first stop... the ER.
 Kai found himself a bottle of Panadol (pain medication) and drank almost the entire bottle. Because "it taste yummy"
 Because I had NO idea what to do or who to call, I took him in. Technically Panadol can be toxic and life threatening and since its really my first "medicine drinking" incident I didn't even think to call Poison Control. In fact I wouldn't even consider they would have that here, although saying it out loud makes me feel like an idiot, because as a developing 1st world country of course they would have all that stuff... 
Live and learn, I guess. And what we did learn is that the health care system here works pretty good. We also learned that you have to drink charcoal water to level out your stomach (yuck!) and also we learned that the ER is freezing cold! I felt foolish asking for a blanket for myself when it was Kai that was in there, but I just couldn't stand it. The aircon was on so high that my teeth were chattering. But don't worry, I shared.
By the looks of this picture, anyone in their right mind could see that he was fine. No immediate reaction, but we had to check his liver just to be safe. He watched cartoons and we all ate snacks. And we left without saying goodbye, because frankly they were taking too long to discharge him. Patrick and I still made it out to our weekly date night and kai went home to bed. ER trip #1, complete.

Comments

Popular Posts