We bundled up and headed outside today to shovel the driveway and introduce Ronin to what real snow is. He ran crazy!
He ate a lot of snow and his cheeks got rosy red. He figured how to make a snowball and fling it (all on his own) and I thought we would stay out forever until he rolled down the small embankment to the neighbors yard. He was pretty cold after that. We laughed, played and can't wait to make a snowman since the snow isn't quite right yet.
Here is our driveway stretching up to the main road. I shoveled this baby with a rake. Yes, you read that right. A RAKE! The snow blower the previous owners were kind enough to leave, is trapped in the garage under boxes and we don't have a shovel yet. I figured it was good to get some of the snow off before it got too bad. I'm going to have to invest in some serious boots, gloves and some road salt. I guess this is what it is to live in "the country". What were we thinking?

Comments

Kimberly said…
Ya, I feel ya, sister. After the snow storm we got (and are still getting) this week, I have decided there is not point in shoveling the driveway until spring... we probably won't be moving in until then anyway.

Popular Posts