Playing

Kai and Levi are turning out to be pretty good friends. This summer Patrick did a fair amount of traveling so we found his suitcase in some sort of state of disarray for a few weeks. 

The boys thought it was the perfect place to sit and read:

They usually hang out together most days. It's so cute to watch Kai talk to the baby. He's just so caring and thoughtful. I need to get it on camera. One day I heard Kai say, "Mom, I'm rubbing Lie-Lie!" I turned around to see him patting Levi's head. And the baby just sits and takes it. 

My friend and I are doing craft classes every week for kids that live in our condo. We come up with things to make and get them to working. This was the mock up for our "Magic Trick" class. Of course YouTube has everything you might want on how to make magic trick stuff like top hats, wands and card tricks.  Kai was chosen to model for me.
And Levi chose to model my circle form (i.e salad spinner) He was just so happy about it. I think its hilarious.

In order to make a magic top hat you need lots of cardboard. And since we have an average of 10 kids I needed a LOT of cardboard boxes. The kids loved every moment of it, of course. I remember cutting up cardboard boxes and making things well into my teen years, so its no wonder they were fascinated by it. And they actually fit into the little houses they made!

This is definitely one of my favorites.. You know how you usually have to get your kids to pose in pictures together? Well, I do with the other kids, but not these babies. I found them riding like this and  got quite a few pictures of it as they played. They were having fun together and it just makes me smile.
I love that they are turning out to be good friends. I hope it keeps going. This is definitely the benefit of having them so close in age. And of course their personalities lend to it too. Don't get me wrong, they do a fair amount of fighting and teasing each other too, but they seem to like to be together regardless. So while there is a lot of screaming, there's a lot of playing together too, so I can't complain.

Comments

Popular Posts