Summer Recap: Camping

One thing we did a lot of this summer was camping.
Well, I guess we didn't do a lot of it... but twice as a family and once with just the boys is a lot for the parents. In fact at one point I kept thinking I would find my own parents around the campsite, but then quickly realized WE were the parents! What a great responsibility we have. Of course Ronin and Cache take very well to the outdoors. Mostly because they love head lamps...
hotdogs...
and to be honest, they love using the great outdoors as their bathroom (it's something they still can't get over *sigh*)
Malachi got into it too. He was right in his element, although I was still not willing to let him crawl through the dirt. Not yet anyway.
Patrick was also in his element. He loves camping and he loves his boys. Doesn't get much better than this for him.
We played with our walkie talkies and got to hang out at the lake.
Ronin found treasures galore. We had such a huge pile of shells and rocks that we made him select only a few to come home. Somehow that pile kept growing as well. I think I finally just threw them all out last week. I hate finding things stashed in our living room.
Malachi loved the sun and practiced his eating skills.
Cache wouldn't get out of the water. This particular camping trip was by far the most relaxing weekend I had all summer. The kids played for hours and I read a book. And then the boys and I went on a canoeing adventure. It was pure enjoyment
We love camping (as you can see) Next summer Malachi will be able to give it a thumbs up too. Can't wait until then!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh how I loved those camping days too. It was just relaxing to see all the fun things you did! I love hotdogs too!! You're making great memories! I'm envious my days are over. Love to you all! G in Utah

Popular Posts