Summer Vacation

Our summer vacation has continued now that we are back in NY. My mother and niece came to town and we had an enjoyable few days playing. The day we went into the city we stopped at Alice's Tea Cup for some nice scones and sandwiches. The boys and my niece were dusted with fairy dust and given some wings for their stay. It worked out perfectly since orange is Ronin's favorite color. He was pretty darn happy to be a fairy:
Cache was equally excited to be able to participate in the wing and fairy dust ritual for the first time of his life. I am pretty sure it won't be the last:
Have you ever seen a cuter fairy???  Of course just around the corner was Dylan's Candy Bar, and you just can't come to the UES without going there! Ronin had such a hard time picking out what he wanted. I could hardly blame him. There were 2 floors worth of heart stopping sugary goodness to choose from. But once he found it, he had to pose:


So after that we took my mom to the airport and right after we had dropped them off I got a call from... my mom. OOPS!! The flight doesn't leave until 7:30 PM. It was only 4pm! So we swung around to pick them back up and decided to spend a few hours in our old hood. Queens! We showed them Flushing Meadow Park. The biggest patch of green you can find in Queens if not all of the boroughs! Again, Ronin just HAD to pose:

We got stuck in the rain for a bit but the kids didn't seem to mind. Ronin was desperate to appear like he was holding the sphere in his hands. The only problem was height, and the fact that we were trying to find shelter from the storm under a tree, so you really can't see the sphere at all. I just love the look on his face, so I thought I would share it.
All in all a great end to a great vacation. The kids have been pretty bored ever since. We seem to need more visitors, more candy and more fairy dust in our lives.











Comments

Popular Posts