One Year Old!

I know that every baby you have changes the family for better. And you love love love that baby, but for some reason this Mr. #5 has been so delightful to have in our home. More then any of the others. And I have a theory about it. It isn't because he is a really good sleeper and hasn't given us sleepless nights or crying fits. It isn't because he's super cute and amiable. Or that he is very sensitive to getting into trouble so he pretty much tows the line. Well, he is all of that, but I think the reason he has been so delightful to have in the family is because we have 4 other kids who love the dickens out of him


Every chance they get, they want to play with him or laugh with him or hug, squish or eat him. We ALL love his cheeks. We ALL love his laugh. We ALL love him to bits and it makes it even more fun when you get to share all of these moments together.
 I remember when Levi was about 2. And I thought of having another baby and the idea did not appeal to me (to put it mildly). Another two years was going by and I really thought I was done having kids. That our family was complete. And indeed all 4 boys together make for a lot of fun and a lot of work and a lot of completeness.
 But there was something that kept itching at me. Part of it was that I was getting older and I knew that if I wanted to feel the kick of a baby inside me, or enjoy the miracle of nursing or the quiet nights of rocking a little one who trusted implicitly, I would have to act. Because I knew I didn't want to have kids after age 40. That much was decided and non negotiable.
 So we talked about it. And I thought about it a lot. And it took another year before I realised it was Now or NEVER! And boy oh 5 boys, am I glad we did it. Look at this little angel face... to think he wouldn't be ours! That seems outrageous now.
We adore every inch of him. We love his pudgy hands and cheeks. His horribly cut hair, his waddle and his sparkling eyes. He has truly completed our family because he has brought a side of sweetness and love out in every single one of us. And that is a sweetness I am so very grateful for. Asa has truly been a delight for the past year, as well as an immense blessing and a catalyst propelling us closer to heaven. 


Comments

Popular Posts