Utah Summer trip 2016: Donut Falls Hike

One of the things I was really looking forward to doing in Utah was hiking. Now I am admittedly, NOT a hiker, but for some reason the hot weather and close quarters of Singapore had me itching for the great outdoors. We started with something easy. I'd love to say we worked our way to harder hikes, but the kids never wanted to do it again. But it was so so beautiful there.



We got to go with our cousins Tristan, Gage, Keegan and Claire. The boys had so much fun together. There are so many boys in this family!

Since all the boys were together, Claire and I got to hang out. She's a sweet little thing.

This was the boys favorite part. Snow!!! They couldn't believe it. They loved to walk in it and say "We've never seen snow! It's so awesome!" They are feeling deprived of a winter experience, apparently.



 Cache was the most in love with hiking. He wanted to explore off the path and he kept saying "This is SO much fun!!" It was fun to watch.



 Levi really took to Tristan who took great care of him. I loved seeing Levi trust him without reservation. It isn't something he does with just anyone. It was sweet.

 Grandma was a trooper. She kept saying she was too old for it, but that she felt stronger then she had in years. She says its all the yoga. I should probably start some yoga for myself. Then I can be as strong as her at age 68!


Levi was not as happy the closer we got to the top. It was Memorial Day and so the trail was packed with people, and unless it was Tristan or myself, he wanted nothing to do with people. At one point a woman lifted him over the stream and he totally freaked out. Started screaming and crying. It made the rest of the hike kind of trying, but he still did it! He accomplished the entire hike and I am so proud of him.

Cache was having so much fun he took off without me. He trailed off across the big raging river, army crawled over a felled log and all the way up the mountain. He was at the very top of this mountain below. I couldn't see him and had to go up for him. It was so steep and scary, but beautiful. Luckily he turned around to come back, but he did say it kept going right off a cliff. Glad he didn't find that part.

Here we are at the top!


 And coming back down. Had to come down crab style so we didn't fall.


I think the mountains in Utah are more beautiful to me now then they ever were. Apparently absence does make the heart grow fonder.
 The sky is equally beautiful.










Comments

Popular Posts