Gingerbread Houses

This year we moved to a new apartment at the beginning of December and I was determined to make it the "best Singapore Christmas ever!"  I bought some gingerbread making kits from Ikea and brought them home for the kids to decorate. 

I took a LOT of pictures of this venture and none of them turned out because they were all so blurry with sugar rushed kids. These are the only two worth showing. AND the gingerbread houses wouldn't stand up because of the humidity so I don't even have a picture of the finished product. We ended up with lots of gingerbread covered in icing laying around. We ate a lot of it and I ended up with a stomach ache. In fact, I don't care if I never eat gingerbread again!
The kids had fun, and even though the outcome wasn't what I wanted, it definitely helped get us excited for Christmas. In a place that has the perpetual summer, you have to do all you can to convince yourself that it is intact Christmas! We have so many fun things planned for the month. It's been great so far!

Comments

Popular Posts