Cambodia: Markets

You know how I love myself a outdoor market! Can't help but show something. I definitely want Dole to start selling their bananas like this in the states. I mean come on, doesn't that just look so fun and inviting!? I want myself a banana!!


Siem Reap is a pretty small town still. It isn't the capitol so there are still parts about it that seem rural and quaint, (if that possible) They do have lots of bikes and tuk-tuks, but still nothing like Vietnam. THAT place is crazy with motorbikes.
This was one of the first things we did when we got there. We traipsed the kids through this part, and they were less than thrilled. It's good for all of us to see our chickens lined up in rows. You need to know where your meat is coming from! I couldn't get past their legs sticking out like that. You did have to watch yourself as you walked by.

One of the things we were able to do is buy food for families in the LDS branch in Siem Reap. We went to the rice market and bought these big bags of rice, cans of tuna and condiments for each family. For $50 a month you can feed a family of 4. If that's not enough to put your life into perspective, I don't know what is. One thing they all need is water purifiers. They go for a whopping $17 a piece. Now I don't know about you, but it makes going out to dinner with my big family seem like an absolute luxury if not a blatant misuse of funds.
A little prawn?

You can see who thinks this is cool, and who thinks this is stinky!!
Cured meats anyone?
This was one of my favorite parts. Along the main road there are rows of chairs for massages. You can stop and get a 10 min. leg massage for $1. The boys absolutely loved every moment of it. I loved the colorful chairs.

Comments

Popular Posts