London, England

Sometimes I love Patrick's job. Yeah, he works really long hours and its about to put him in his grave, BUT he does get some good business trips in. And when they happen to be where Noni and Grandpa live, I can't help but go along for the ride! Although, it was a pretty long plane ride ; )
London was lovely! And cold! I didn't expect to wear socks (I had to borrow some) or my sweater every day. I even got a new scarf!  *love*.
  We went to the antique market. Which was my cup 'o tea, if you know what I mean:
 It was the first nice sunny weekend of the year. So everything was double the price! Ha! But the energy of the streets was amazing. How we've missed being in a busy, energetic city! 
 I loved the buskers! This guy wasn't cold at all apparently. I had to wear a wind breaker! That's my sissy Singapore skin talking. They were everywhere (there were lots more)

 We saw charming places on every street.

 Lovely things to look at:

 Amazing food to eat! (bratwurst and crepes)

 Stunning farmers markets


Fabulous old buildings on top, new stores on the bottom:

We did a fair amount of shopping and the boys did a fair amount of standing around:

We saw shows! Matilda was a cute show, and the actor who played Ms. Trunchbowl was absolutely amazing. He exerted so much energy at every moment. I wanted to pass out just watching him. Such a great role to play, I'm sure! (the men get all the good ones!)

Saw Singing In The Rain. Made me want to bust out my tap shoes!

 Went to the Tate Modern. Finally a real museum! We have missed you!

The other great thing about London is its interesting to look at, at every moment, especially when you are in a double decker bus. We rode the bus everywhere, and it was so entertaining. What a great city to see. Here's my favorite booths. They just make you want to call someone, don't they?

We finally found our own to take our picture with on our last day. 

Coolness in a city:  The Globe Theatre: old.  The Shard: new! Patrick and Kristie together in between them?: priceless.

I don't have much to say about our trip other than it was fast and fun. These pictures say it all! I loved feeling the energy of people out everywhere. The weather didn't seem to faze them. As Noni said, this WAS warm. And the people there do things outside regardless of the weather. Something I still can't get past. It's either too hot to go out, too rainy to go out, to cold to go out. That's how its been all my life! So it was fun to see how people just get up and enjoy life regardless. I want to be more like that. Being able to jet to London for the weekend was a good exercise in that. It wasn't well planned and it was way too fast for a substantial vacation, but the opportunity came and I took it. And I'm so glad I did! Life won't be mine forever, so I want to take this time to enjoy it while I can. Cause all too soon, I will be back in the states where I won't be able to jet set. (Uh, I have kids... hello!?) And it will just get too expensive. For some reason the one thing that is still affordable from here is the travel. So I'm going to take advantage while I can. And I've been pretty spoiled. I am completely aware of that. I am so grateful! Traveling is what's getting me through most days of living here. Cause lets face it, this island gets pretty small, pretty fast.
Thanks to Noni and Grandpa for hosting! It was nice to snuggle in warm blankets, eat tea and crumpets (aaahhhhh, clotted cream!) and chat with them at all hours. Family is good. And a good family is even better! We are so blessed to have them. Thanks for letting us visit! And thanks to Patrick's work for dropping him there for 10 days. I got to enjoy some of those days too. And it made being away from him that much easier to bear.

Comments

Popular Posts