Manila Philippines

Our ward has 2 temple trips every year. This last year we were here we missed both. Cebu Philippines and Hong Kong. This year we promised we would go. 
My dear husband is an optimist. He put our name on the list thinking we would pull it off.
As it got closer, we realized there was a lot going on and we thought it better to go to Hong Kong in the fall, since its a place I want to go and Manila...mmm, not so much. Plus I was packing to go to Utah just the week after and wanted to be with the kids. But Mr. Husband of mine, never took our name off the list so when we tried to back out, there was none of that happening. They said they needed us.  
So we booked our tickets the weekend before and paid out the nose. We got our hotel, and paid out the nose. All of it was completely disorganized! But we did go. And it ended up being a sweet experience.



I had an especially good experience in my temple interview. The likes of which has never happened, and I feel humbled that I was worthy in the eyes of God to be in that holy place. It was a reminder of what a blessing it is to be able to be there both physically and spiritually. Even if its all the way in Manila and costs a small fortune. It will make me appreciate a small train ride into the city, when we do go back to NY!

Next time we will find a better hotel location. We were in taxis for the majority of the time.
But we did like the view from our hotel window.
Indeed, In God We Trust:

One of the things our Filipino friends keep telling us about is Jollibee. Apparently its huge in the Philippines. It's like an fast food burger place, but they sell spaghetti and fried chicken too. One just opened up in Singapore and there was an hour-long line out the door. So we thought we better give it a go while we were there.
 Um... I can't even begin to describe our experience. And it wasn't great, just so you know. I don't think Jollibee and I will have a second date. Ick. But I got proof that we did go!

It was a great trip. Just Patrick and I. I feel it a blessing to be sealed to this husband and family of mine. Knowing that in this special building we can commit ourselves to God and our families for eternity brings great joy to my soul. In the end, I'm grateful we were on the list and couldn't back out ; )

Comments

Mark said…
Hi. That's an interesting building with the sign "In God We Trust". May I ask what hotel did you stay in Manila? I'll be travelling there later this year, and maybe I can check it out. Thanks.

Popular Posts