Tag Sale

We started to prepare for the big move while our guests were in town by having ourselves a little tag sale. We sold the boys bed right out from under them! They have been sleeping on the blow up bed together ever since and will do so until we get settled in Singapore and buy them a new bed. (Oh, for those of you who don't know.... we are moving to Singapore at the end of the year!)

We set out all our stuff and let me tell you, there is nothing more depressing than putting your life out on the driveway and hoping someone will stop in to buy it. And you do realize how much junk you accumulate in life and how unnecessary a lot of it is.
But don't get me wrong, there has been a lot that I have had had a hard time saying goodbye to in this process. Slowly, piece by piece we have sold, given away or set aside our life in New York all to get ready to go. It's been an interesting process and I'm not sure I have truly learned what I needed to, which is a scary thing to say for my future.
The boys, (of course) loved every moment. They especially liked the batch of cookies I made for them to sell at the top of the driveway. They made more money that the rest of us did and they sold out in a flash. The rest of the time the sat on our couch and watch movies on the tv we hoped someone would buy. Eventually that TV just went to a friends house.

Comments

Popular Posts