The Race

I did actually run a 5k today in celebration of the 4th and also in celebration of two friends who have trained and ran today too (one was in Utah but running just the same!) Against my better judgement I am showing you what I actually look like when I run. Please ignore that hideous knee brace and the dorky face. The brace was a necessity (not the dorky face), but it really makes me look broken. I did the best I could, but not as well as I thought I might. I feel really tired now and my cold has kicked itself up a notch. I am looking forward to an early bedtime tonight. But I did finish in 28 minutes, and as I told Ronin at least I did finish. That is still a success. (he was bummed we didn't get a medal ; ) 
Here was my cute cheering section. I am so glad they came (even though they are all so tired from getting up early) Thank you family! I LOVE YOU TOO!
I didn't actually see them when I went by, but I did hear "Go Mom, Go Mom!" over and over. I figured it was them because that is what Ronin has been practicing all week.
I love my little munchkins. I can't wait till they are old enough to run with me. Hopefully my knee will still be working by then ; )

We have had a lovely 4th of July. I love this time of year. And living here in our new town has so many hints of home. I can see many fun years of family traditions in the making. I also feel so immensely blessed for living here in this free country. I know things are totally crazy. The economy sucks, the government is crazy (at least here in NY) and there are many hard times ahead. But I do feel that regardless of all that, we are still so blessed to be free. Anywhere else there would be complete and utter chaos in the streets during all this turmoil. The fact that we still have relative peace among us is a miracle. And I do believe there are good times to come. I feel humbled by the circumstances of our nation, but inspired to improve them. I hope that I can teach my children how to do their part and in the process take part myself.  I believe Obama when he quoted Ghandi: "Be the change you want to see in the world." We can make a difference!
So happy Independence Day America. Thank you for all you have given us, we hope to give back to you too!! 

Comments

laura said…
Go, Kristie!!!
TamTam said…
Way to Go Kristie! That sign was terrific, do I detect a professional designer behind it? I agree completely with your thoughts on living in this great country of ours!
Anonymous said…
"Be the change you want to see in the world."

Ghandi said that, not Obama.
Kristie Larsen said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristie Larsen said…
Dear Annon:
Yes, I am aware that Obama was not the originator of this statement. The reason I used him as the reference is because I find more hope when I realize the leader of my country believes this than when dear old Ghandi did thousands of years ago.
But for your sake and those that may also read this post, I have changed the reference.
Happy 4th!

oh, and i am assuming I know you since no strangers stop by this blog. you can make yourself known... we are all friends here! ; )
Anonymous said…
Hey you look strong running!! That is a great time too! Congrats on a great job! Your town is awesome! It made me want to come right over! G in Utah
linzi said…
My heck Kristie - you never stop amazing me! You're incredible!!! I can't even walk around the block right now without becoming exhausted. The boys look so cute holding that sign. And they look absolutely darling in those 4th of July pictures. I can't wait to see you guys.

Popular Posts