10 years and Counting!

Patrick and I just celebrated 10 whole years of marriage. That is utterly shocking. I am not sure why. It may be because we are still together and haven't killed each other yet, or maybe its because through it all we are still managing to have fun in this journey together!

This is how our trip started. We left the two older boys with some friends (*gulp*). Dear baby Malachi had to come along of course and was unhappy about the seating arrangements. I think he would have preferred to be up front. So to keep him from crying I had to sit in the back with him. All while patrick 'pretended' to have the day off ; ) I think there was only one call and a few texts that had to be sent that day.

We finally made it to the Snapdragon Inn where our gorgeous room was waiting for us. This bed was TO DIE FOR! I want it in my house and I want it NOW! The entire Inn has been remodeled and every detail has been accounted for. This is the former house of literary editor Maxwell Perkins. (read: editor of Hemingway, Floyd, Fitzgerald!) We walked into our room and I knew I wouldn't want to leave. Patrick and Malachi really enjoyed playing on the bed. It was aaaallll downy soft pillows, mattress and duvet. Very luxurious.
Our friends and their family are the owners of the Inn and left us a special gift to help us celebrate the occasion. It was so unexpected and so very sweet!
We spent most of our time doting over this little baby of ours. It was really fun to have him all to ourselves. And we did find out something about him, which isn't entirely new, but he is an absolute PIG! This kid ate both of us under the table. He couldn't get enough of all the 'adult food' that the restaurants had to offer. And we were so busy stuffing his face we didn't get any pictures of it.

Here he is learning how to stand!
We enjoyed an afternoon walking around the lake behind the Inn. It was the perfect fall day with a little chill in the air.
Hey there bebe....what's a happenin?? (how cute is this face?!)
A smile with a little drool. I am loving his red hair!
We stopped at the local farmers market and tried out some Raspberry bread. It was made with home grown berries and fresh sour cream and as you can see, Kai adored every last bit: (oink, oink)
Here's a little looksie at who baby Kai actually resembles. Does that just scream ;spitting image' to you?
Patrick and I put the baby down for a nap and spend most of the afternoon on the back porch. We have decided that the next house we live in HAS to have a wrap around porch, and rocking chairs just like this. There is no other reason to even have a house if you don't have a rocking porch. Honestly it is that fun. I realized it was the first time in a long while that we have had a chance to just sit and talk. I felt like a down right jabber mouth after we got done. It felt so good to get through a sentence let alone a full thought without a kid interrupting. Pure bliss I tell you!
Here are more shots of the lake. Malachi kept leaning his head against my neck. I think he just wanted to sleep, but it was so sweet to feel him. Like he was trying to hug me.
A different Lake Runnemeade shot:
And here we are at the gazebo. One big happy family, minus two ; ) It was such a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. The perfect way to celebrate these last 10 amazing years.
Thank you Patrick for loving me, for trusting me and honoring me each day. Thank you for giving me the gift of being a mother and these three beautiful and precious (and crazy) boys to love. Thank you for choosing me to go through this life (and beyond) with. I can't imagine anyone else being by my side! Happy Anniversary!!

Comments

Beth said…
Happy Anniversary!! You guys are one of my favorite couples. How fun that you went to McKay's inn. I love it. I wanna go. And I feel like you just had Malachai... he is looking like a very big boy. Time flies.
TamTam said…
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY....repeat until you have a piper down, I repeat the piper is down. (if it doesn't flow just rent So I Married an Axe Murderer and listen up).
We made it to 15 in Sept. too, what a miracle it is to be married to your best friend! LOVE YOU!

Popular Posts