Kai the Canadian



Our baby is growing nicely. He is sleeping well and after a day or two of rough eating, he is back on track and gaining weight (not that he ever lost an ounce). We love him! Ronin keeps saying "he is so adorable!" and asks me constantly "isn't it fun to have a new baby?"  Yes it is!  What a sweet little man he is.  Patrick's boss sent us a little Canadian Olympic memento. A  nice reminder of our experience both for Patrick and for our family.
Here is a shot Grandma S. took while she was here. It's as bright eyed as the baby and I have looked since we got home. We like to sleep a lot and feel VERY spoiled to be able to since there have been so many helpful people visiting. We loved having our Grandma's and Grandpa's here and we miss them terribly. Today Ronin lamented during his homework..."I wish Grandma was here." It was a lot more fun to have all that help and attention, that is for sure! Patrick still has one more week of paternity and we hope to make the best of it. It's only a matter of time until the routine of life kicks in again. But we are so happy to have our new baby Kai to add to that routine. 

Comments

Natasha said…
Adorable! I'm glad you are getting into sort of a routine!

Please let us know when you feel up to guests and we will come and snuggle that little guy!
Hey Kristie! I was blog stalking and am so glad I came across this post-your new little one is adorable!! It made my night!! Hope all is well for you guys!
linzi said…
You look amazing! I'm still having a hard time getting up and going... :)
And I thought that baby Kai looked like Ronin in the pictures from the hospital, but I totally see Cache in him too now! Which probably means he's a pretty good mix of you and Patrick. He is so cute. And I'm so glad that Ronin is loving him so much. He is such a good older brother - watching him over Christmas showed me what a great capacity for love that little boy has.

We're happy that Patrick has been able to stay home with you. Enjoy that precious time together!!! Love you guys.
Kimberly said…
BRING HIM HERE!!! NOW!!!
Helen said…
Kristie you look so pretty in this picture! Yay baby time :)
akdoxey said…
What a cutie! I love the newborn faces they make. Good luck with the transition to doing everything yourself, I cried a lot after my mom left after Paige.
Beth said…
Oh I love him. And you guys all look wonderful and HAPPY!

Popular Posts