Trick Or Treat!

I am so embarrassed to say that this year we had to recycle our costume idea from 2006...gasp! There was just too much to do between organizing the ward Chili Cook-Off/Trunk Or Treat party, Patrick throwing out his back and being laid up for a week and me being fat and prego. Too much to do, not enough energy. So this year the Larsen's went again as Crayons...

Patrick had to make up the costumes again but this time we got to add a nice blue crayon to the mix for our baby Cache who was was in utero last time, just like baby #3 is now! I wish we would have also taken more pictures. But we didn't. Patrick got roped into being a pie tasting judge and I was running around making sure other things were done, which means our camera sat on the table while the kids ran amok. So no pictures, but lots of fun was had. 
Isn't this crayon so cute you could eat him??? We have decided to grow out his hair and it is finally reaching "beatle mop top" stage. And it's SO cute. He loved his costume and loved the candy too. He got really good at yelling "Trick Or Treat" but it took him awhile to realize he could say this over and over and keep getting candy. It's a good thing too cause now we have a major candy stash and since potty training is going SO well I now have a few more candy incentives to keep him interested until it finally sticks. He is waking up with a dry pull up and is now letting me know when he has to go. In my book that is as good as trained! I am so excited since I didn't want to deal with two babies in diapers come January. And really he has trained so much faster than I thought he would so I am really proud of him! It also helps that Ronin is constantly encouraging him (also with candy) and reminding him to go. He is such a great big brother.
As always, here he is showing Cache the ropes. This year we were able to go out trick or treating in a friends neighborhood with bigger kids and Ronin was in heaven! We stayed and played until really late. The kids played toys and watched movies in the basement which the grown-ups had nice conversation and watched their own movie upstairs. It was a lovely time and considering the amount of sugar and the late bed time, church wasn't too horrible the next morning which was amazing!

All in all a very fun and exhausting Halloween (and month of October if you want to get right down to it!) We are looking forward to a calmer month in November. Lots of time off from school and even from work for Patrick which will be so wonderful. This year, in classic Larsen fashion, we will be celebrating our Thanksgiving AND Christmas at the same time since we will be traveling through Dec. and don't want to schlepp presents. Nothing like rolling all your holidays into one big binge. Of course we will still see family and do fun things in Dec. but presents are getting opened early!! I love not following the holiday rules ; )



Comments

Heather said…
You are the cutest bunch of crayons!!! I am glad the TandT went off without a hitch. I miss you lots.
Kage said…
Very cool. I'd say you guys are COOLER crayons this time around.
TamTam said…
We may recycle your recycled idea in the future...I can't imagine anything better than being an orange crayon!! I'd be in heaven. You guys are super adorable!

Popular Posts