Halloween Is On Its Way

We got a gift package in the mail yesterday. Thanks Grandma S.! It was full of all sorts of fun Halloween things for the kids. When dad got home I put them all to work making spider webs for the entry way:

The kids were so interested in this 'green stuff'. We stretched...
And stretched...
And still have enough to web up half the neighborhood!
Grandma showed us this cool way to make spiders from our hands and construction paper. We put those up in our spooky window.
Here is Ronin's spider job. Pretty good! He could hardly wait for Patrick to get home to get started. He sat out on the porch in the dark waiting and waiting. And its not warm here people! 
Cache! Don't look now, there are spiders above your head!!!! 

We also received some fun trick-or-treat bags and a craft. It was such a fun addition to our day. We can't wait for Halloween (or at least the kids can't) I am frantic at the plans that still need to be made for our Ward Halloween party (um... I guess I'm in charge) and then there are costumes to be thought of, and made. I think that will have to go to Patrick this year. I am burned out already! The kids practiced their Trick Or Treat voices all day and I think they will bring in quite the pile of loot this year. Just in time to really fatten me up before this baby comes.

This week we are working on getting flu shots (I am late to the game apparently!) I have checked all over the county for places that do it and most people are out. Including our pediatrician. Sheesh! I found out today at my 25 week check up that I gained about 12 lbs. That put the dr. into a frenzy! I am just making up for not gaining much for the first half of the pregnancy, but hopefully I level out or I will be huge!  

Ronin is still loving school and teaching him to read is going to put me in the grave. It's so difficult. I think more for me than for him. He isn't discouraged in anyway, which is a definite blessing. If anything he is over-confident. He thinks he is reading way more than what is on the page and makes up the story however he wants. I guess some day he will get it.

Cache is in the throws of potty training and informed me all day that he wanted to wear a diaper. MnM's helped coax him away from that idea every time. He did great, until tonight when he stepped in poop and peed his pants in two separate installments (so much more to clean up!). I guess one day he will get that as well. All in all we are doing great. We have happy kids and Patrick is in town for an entire month without a business trip! YEAH! We can feel the holidays ramping up and wonder if we are ready for the ride....


Comments

Heather said…
Sounds really great. Not to mention your town is pretty much a Halloween scene (dark woods, etc.) and it sounds like Cache is getting spooked by poop! Happy Halloween.
TamTam said…
Congrats on your upcoming arrival!! We are thrilled for you. It was 75 degrees here today and hearing about frost made me oh so grateful to live in the desert! We love and miss you. J and T
Anonymous said…
Looks very spooky and perfect! Very fun pictures! Glad you all had fun! Thanks for sharing! G in Utah
akdoxey said…
Oh I am so sorry, potty training on top of everything And being prego sounds awful. Ronin looks so big, man, I miss you guys.

Popular Posts